Announcing New 2022 Flavors and Starting the Season Strong!
SKOWHEGAN, MAINE–March 14, 2022–Sure, New Englanders eat ice cream year round, but nothing says Spring is coming quite like Gifford’s Ice Cream opening its Bangor, Farmington, and Waterville stands this coming Friday, March 18, 2022. Hours for the three open family-owned stands will be Monday-Thursday 12-8pm and Friday-Sunday 12-9pm. The Skowhegan and Auburn stands will be opening in the coming weeks. Make the last few days of winter a little sweeter by celebrating warmer weather heading our way – don your boots, hats, gloves, and coats to enjoy Gifford’s Ice Cream’s new 2022 flavors, including:
- Blue Monstah Cookie – Wild blue vanilla ice cream crisscrossed with peanut butter ripple then studded with little chocolate chip cookie dough pieces and mini M&Ms. Available at stands today!
- Cone-y Pretzel Whirl – Chocolate-coated waffle cone pieces and a pretzel ripple jazz up our vanilla ice cream. Available at stands today!
- Maine Black Fly (Vanilla Strawberry Ripple Chip) – Homemade strawberry ripple in sweet vanilla ice cream dotted with mini chocolate chips. Available at stands today!
- Banana Cream Pie – Lush banana ice cream with vanilla wafer cookies and sweet whipped cream whirls. Coming to stands later this spring!
- Black Forest Cherry Fudge – Cherry whirls in dark chocolate ice cream with fudge truffles. Coming to stands later this spring!
“This winter has been unpredictable to say the least, but one thing Mainers can always rely on is our stands opening in March!” Lindsay Gifford Skilling, CEO of Gifford’s Ice Cream, shared excitedly. “We have three new flavors to try on Friday, as well as two more coming this Spring. Plus, we have the three new quart flavors coming to store shelves in a few months! I know I’m going to be first in line to get my all-time favorite Gifford’s Ice Cream combo: A scoop of mint chocolate chip, orange sherbet, and black raspberry on a homemade waffle cone that is dipped in chocolate and rainbow sprinkles! Will I be seeing you there?”
New Gifford’s Ice Cream Quart Flavors Hitting Stores this Spring
For those that aren’t able to make it up to Gifford’s family-owned stands regularly, there is good news…three new quart flavors will be hitting stores later this spring, including:
- Banana Cream Pie – Lush banana ice cream with vanilla wafer cookies and sweet whipped cream whirls
- Turtle Cheesecake – Velvety cheesecake ice cream with thick caramel swirls, crunchy praline pecans & chocolate-coated waffle cone pieces
- Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie – Smooth peanut butter ice cream chunked up with chewy brownie bites & ripples of fudge
Keep an eye out on social media for more information about the new quart flavors showing up in a store near you.
Gifford’s Ice Cream is Hiring for Multiple Positions
If any Mainers are looking for a new gig, Gifford’s Ice Cream is hiring for multiple seasonal production and stand positions. To learn more and apply, visit https://www.giffordsicecream.com/jobs/.
About Gifford’s HomeMaine Ice Cream
Gifford’s HomeMaine Ice Cream is a fifth-generation, family-owned company that still makes ice cream the old-fashioned way – from scratch, with fresh milk and cream from local dairy farms. Gifford’s uses antique Cherry Burrell freezers to slow churn the most delicious, creamy ice cream possible. We are ice cream made in New England for New England. The company has earned numerous international and national “First Place” and “World’s Best” awards for its premium ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sherbet. Gifford’s is also the official ice cream of the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, Maine Celtics, and Portland Sea Dogs. As New England’s ice cream, the company sells its products throughout New England and has five family-owned ice cream stands in Maine.