Gifford’s Announces 6 New Flavors, Growth & Continued Partnerships
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Gifford’s Famous Ice Cream
207-474-9821 ext. 231
Gifford’s Opens its Five Family-Owned Stands, Offers Six New Flavors, Extends Partnership with Travis Mills Foundation, Continues Sales Growth, and Announces Bruins Endorsement
SKOWHEGAN, MAINE- March 16th, 2018, marks the day Gifford’s Famous Ice Cream opens its five family-owned stands. Gifford’s will be launching six new flavors at their five family-owned stands in Maine. To celebrate opening day, Gifford’s will be continuing the tradition of giving out free small cones at all five stand locations – Skowhegan, Bangor, Waterville, Auburn, and Farmington – from 6 pm – 8 pm on Friday the 16th!
New Ice Cream Stand Flavors:
- Cranberry Choco Chip Nut- Light cherry ice cream chock full of dark chocolate chips, craisins, and walnuts.
- Mint Cookie Fudge- Crushed cream-filled chocolate cookies and fudge whirl through cool mint ice cream.
- Sea Salt Caramel Truffle- A sea salt caramel triple treat! Chocolate sea salt caramel mini melts in sea salt caramel flavored ice cream rippled with sea salt caramel.
- Lemon Wafer Cookie Frozen Yogurt– A whipped cream ripple meanders around mini vanilla wafer cookies in low-fat lemon yogurt.
- No Fat/No Sugar Added Chocolate- Sweetened with Splenda, this smooth, chocolate frozen treat is a dieter’s dream.
- Blueberry Pomegranate Sorbet– A sweet blueberry top note melts into the yummy flavor of pomegranate in this crisp invigorating sorbet. (Seasonal flavor available in May)
Giving Back to Those Who Have Given So Much:
Gifford’s is excited to announce that they will be continuing their fundraising initiative in support of the Travis Mills Foundation, and Veterans causes for 2018.
“Our entire family is passionate about supporting our veterans and are honored to continue to be able to support the Travis Mills Foundation.” Lindsay Skilling
In 2017, Gifford’s raised money for the Travis Mills Foundation, donated to several Veterans organizations throughout Maine, and provided free ice cream for the Travis Mill’s Retreat during the summer and fall months that they hosted Veterans and their families. Gifford’s also sponsored a week-long stay at the Travis Mills Retreat for a Veteran and his family. Stay tuned for fundraising events in 2018.
Last year, Gifford’s sold 2.2 million gallons of its tasty slow-churned ice cream, retail and premium bulk business again in 2017 increased over prior year 5% In 2017, the company continued to expand into the Mid-Atlantic and the South with their ice cream appearing on the shelves of Lowes Foods in North and South Carolina, and at ShopRite, with stores in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania. This year Gifford’s will make greater inroads into New York state with its ice cream available in 49 new Hannaford stores there, and 230 independent Key Food stores in the greater New York City area.
Partnership Announcements – Official Ice Cream of the Boston Bruins:
- In 2016 Gifford’s began their partnership with The Boston Bruins unveiling its Bruins-themed flavor, Power Play Fudge!
- Gifford’s donates 5% of sales of Power Play Fudge to the Boston Bruins Foundation, which supports numerous charitable organizations throughout New England. In 2017, Gifford’s donated $18,730 to the foundation.
- Gifford’s is excited to announce at the start of the 2017/2018 Bruins season “Official Ice Cream of the Boston Bruins”.
“Power Play Fudge has exceeded all of our expectations and is fast becoming a favorite of Bruins fans,” noted Skilling. JC Gifford agreed and feels that “It’s a great way for us to introduce our ice cream to new consumers and form a lasting emotional connection with them because together we share a passion for Bruins hockey.”
About Gifford’s Famous Ice Cream
Gifford’s Famous Ice Cream, world-class ice cream from a small town in Maine, is a fifth-generation, family-owned company that sources its fresh milk and cream exclusively from independent family farms, and uses antique Cherry Burrell freezers to slow churn the most delicious, creamiest ice cream possible. The company has earned numerous international and national “First Place” and “World’s Best” awards for its premium ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sherbet. Gifford’s sells its ice cream from Maine to North Carolina and in select states as far west as Illinois. In Maine, Gifford’s has five famous ice cream stands. For more information visit
www.giffordsicecream.com. Follow Gifford’s Ice Cream on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.