Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
Nothing says love quite like chocolate. Sure, slow dancing and long walks on the beach might come in a close second, but let’s be real here – CHOCOLATE – or you’re just not trying. Why not make it a cupcake featuring our World’s Best Chocolate ice cream? Now that’s the kind of love that’s gonna last.
Makes: 1 dozen
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground sea salt
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- Gifford’s World’s Best Chocolate Ice Cream
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter & sugar, beat in vanilla & egg.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet in 2 parts, alternating with the
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 9 min. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- After they have baked and cooled to perfection, gather your supplies: A serrated knife, Valentine’s Day sprinkles, a bowl for sprinkle rolling, and Gifford’s World’s Best Chocolate Ice Cream.
- Cut each of your cupcakes in two and sandwich Gifford’s Worlds Best Chocolate in the middle. Don’t be skimpy!
- Roll each ice cream cupcake in the sprinkles and voila! – A treat to delight.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream or perhaps some buttercream, if you want to be truly decadent! More sprinkles can’t hurt!