Red White and Blue Sundae
Here’s a fun red, white, and blue sundae that’s perfect for summer, especially for Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. Red strawberries, white marshmallows, and beautiful, wild blueberries come together for this spectacular and patriotic delight that will dazzle your family and guests.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooling time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries (available in the freezer section of the grocery store)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Gifford’s Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Gifford’s Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
- whipped cream
Wild Blueberry Marshmallow Sauce:
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, water & lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add frozen wild blueberries and stir frequently until sauce begins to thicken. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows.
- Let cool 10 minutes and chill.
Red White and Blue Sundae:
- Place one heaping scoop each of Gifford’s Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry Frozen Yogurt in a chilled sundae dish.
- Generously drizzle with Wild Blueberry Marshmallow Sauce and top with whipped cream!