Moose Tracks Ice Cream Cookie Bowls
Spring is in full swing and summer is just around the corner. Up here in Maine it is quickly becoming the Season of the Moose. That is exactly what has inspired this recipe for Moose Tracks Ice Cream Cookie Bowls!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 Quart Gifford’s Famous Moose Tracks Ice Cream
8 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
4 egg whites
3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
1⁄2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup sifted cake flour
1⁄2 cup finely chopped peanuts (salted or unsalted) 1⁄4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and adjust oven rack to center of oven.
- Prepare sheet pans: Print out two 6.5” round template circles and tape them side by side. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and cover with an equal sized piece of parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt butter and peanut butter; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment beat the egg whites, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt until foamy. With mixer on low, gradually add in cake flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to mix until smooth. With mixer on low, slowly pour in the butter/peanut butter mixer down the side of the bowl and mix until incorporated and smooth. Keep batter covered with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Use a 1⁄4 cup measure and pour batter into center of covered templates. Use an offset spatula to smooth batter evenly into 6.5” circles. Sprinkle each circle with some of the chopped peanuts and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Place in center of oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile grease a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan.
- As soon as the cookies have cooked for 6 minutes remove them from the oven. Working quickly loosen them with a spatula and carefully lift them gathering the edges and forming them into the muffin tins. They will be soft and hot. Disposable gloves can be used to prevent burns. Take care not to tear them.
- Repeat with remaining batter until all 6 tins are filled. Place muffin tin into the oven and bake for an additional 6 minutes until cookie bowls are golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely before removing the bowls from the tins. Repeat procedure with any remaining batter.
- Fill cooled cookie bowls with Gifford’s Famous Moose Tracks Ice Cream and Enjoy!
Note: Unused cookie bowls can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.