Mint Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookie’wiches
It is always a treat to get up’ta camp. Whether you are skiing or fishing, hiking or relaxing after a full day—reward yourself with a Gifford’s Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt cookie’wich! Actually, they taste mighty fine no matter where you spend your day!
Makes: 14 sandwiches
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 95 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granular sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Gifford’s Sugarloaf Mint Chip Frozen Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter & sugars. Beat in egg & vanilla.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients. Mix on low until dough comes together.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp. dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten balls slightly, my favorite way to do this is with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let rest on cookie sheet 1 minute, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Take Gifford’s Sugarloaf Mint Chip Frozen Yogurt out of freezer to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Once cookies are completely cool, scoop 1/2 C frozen yogurt onto cookie & top with a second cookie. Press together lightly to flatten.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.