Maine Mud Cake
This flourless chocolate cake is pretty much the most ridiculous thing ever. Well, actually add a scoop of Muddy Boots, now we’re talking next level ridiculousness. And that’s our favorite kind.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 7 large eggs, separated
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz. premium semi-sweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Gifford’s Muddy Boots Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9″ springform pan. Line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper and grease again; set aside.
- Cream softened butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Fold a quarter of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate batter. Fold another quarter of the egg whites in. Carefully fold the rest of the egg whites in until just combined.
- Fold in the marshmallows and the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and place in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 38 – 40 minutes until the center seems firm with a little give.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Serve with Gifford’s Muddy Boots Ice Cream and hot fudge for a decadent treat!