Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
If you’re hosting an NHL party for the Boston Bruins, a DIY ice cream sundae bar is the way to go! Our Power Play Fudge is the official ice cream of the Boston Bruins and is easily becoming a household favorite.
We’ve created this easy-to-make at home recipe for hot fudge that will have your guests cheering for you after one mouthful.
2 ounces premium quality unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup water
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. unsalted sweet cream butter
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ tsp. instant espresso powder
Pinch of sea salt
- In a 1 quart saucepan combine the chocolate and water. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar. Continue whisking over low heat until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn heat up to medium and bring to a slow boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add the butter, vanilla extract, espresso powder and pinch of salt.
- Using a spatula, scrape the sides of the pan and mix until the butter is melted and the sauce is smooth. Use the sauce immediately or refrigerate and reheat to use later.